- The runners come within a couple feet of you, and you can see the past couple hours–and the past several months of training–coming to a conclusion in their expressions. It’s rare to get such an up-close and personal view of sport.
- All I can ask for is to be able to display the work I’ve put in – Shalane Flanagan
- If you’re not managing discomfort while racing, you’re not going fast enough.
- What you do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis is much more important than the results of an individual workout. It’s the consistency in the work you do over time that breeds success; so trust in your training.
- My common training regimen would put me at roughly 85 miles a week in single runs: 20 miles on Sunday, 12 or so on Tuesday and Friday, a medium-distance run of 13, 14 or 15 on Wednesday and easy days of roughly 10 miles.
- As a serious athlete, your focus must be on intensity first, workout duration second, and weekly volume a distant third.
- Training for a marathon requires the courage to push your limits and the ability to adjust many unforeseen variables
- “You’re better than you think you are, and you can do more than you think you can.”
- “We may train or peak for a certain race, but running is a lifetime sport” – Alberto Salazar
- One of the greatest moments in life is realizing that two weeks ago, your body couldn’t do what it just did.
- VO2 Max
- Running Efficiency
Hanson Marathon Method: