Ahh Denver where were you this morning!! I know, I know, I’ve heard it all before: short notice, drizzling rain, what do I wear, open water swimming at 7AM!?!?! Now that we’ve got all of our insecurities out of the way, let me fill you in on what was special about this morning’s ride:
· Saying “Good Morning” rather than “On Your Left”
· Learning that rabbits are much smarter than squirrels.
· Seeing fish nip through the glass, calm water
· The reflection of the mountains in that glass, calm water
· Clouds!, The swiss cheese clouds created a filter for the rays of the rising sun that accentuated bushes, trees, and birds with amazing contrast.
I understand that packing for a trip of this nature can be intimidating, so I took the liberty to capture all of my belongings:
· Bike – lights, helmet, sunglasses, lock, repair kit.
· Swim – wetsuit, swim cap, goggles
· Nutrition – chocolate chip cookies (breakfast of champions), water bottles, apple
· General – keys, ID, credit card, back pack
Well hey, I’ll give you a chance to redeem yourself in the coming weeks. I promise. See you soon!
Conditions: Twas a bit drizzly in the morning, which meant the streets/paths were empty!
Why Go Now: Perfect temps for morning rides. Cherry Creek Reservoir is an under-explored gem of Denver!
Don’t Miss: Cherry Creek State Park has great terrain, spectacular views, and a non-stop bike path!
Beware of: Varmints! The shiftiness of rabbits and stupidness of squirrels can be intimidating while cycling.